Sandhills Nanny Co. is excited to provide you access to our service that facilitates the arrangement of babysitting services between our Sandhills Sitters. Note, that these supplemental babysitting terms are meant to supplement the contract between you and us when you need a babysitter to provide short-term care for your children. Therefore, all terms used in this document shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the contract.
Sandhills Nanny Co. Offers a Platform Only. Any relationship between a sitter and you is between a sitter and you. As stated in the Contract, Sitters are not employees, representatives, or agents of Sandhills Nanny Co. Rather, they are solely people that have been enrolled in our system as potential sitters. You are solely responsible for your choice of the sitter(s) and are solely responsible for payment to them (and compliance with all applicable laws related to retention of a babysitter’s services on your behalf. Since we do not in any way control any Sitter's schedule or willingness to accept an assignment, we cannot guarantee any requested sitter will be available for any particular booking. Of course, if there is a sitter you prefer, we will see if that person is available and willing to accept the assignment.
Please understand that our business is dependent on clients being nice and honest both with us and with the Sitters we may introduce. Therefore, we require that our clients refrain from engaging Sitters without our knowledge so that we can ensure we have the sense of the availability of enrolled Sitters for other clients and to ensure all fees owed to us are paid. Each applicable Sitter is intended to be a third-party beneficiary of these terms.
A.) Service Provided: Sandhills Nanny Co.'s occasional babysitting service is provided to clients on an as-needed and as available basis only. Sandhills Nanny Co. does not guarantee the ability to find an occasional sitter to fill each date requested by the client.
B.) Fees: If you are a member you agree to your membership registration fee to request babysitters. The Clients agree to pay an additional referral fee for each additional date requested which will be determined by SNC, the fee schedule at the time the client makes the request. The client agrees to pay a fee each time they employ one of the agency’s occasional babysitters. The client also agrees to pay the occasional babysitter her hourly rate at the end of the day or evening directly through sitter pro. Any Booking Fee is separate from the amounts you will have to pay to the babysitter. You can avoid Booking Fees by joining our membership program, just contact us to enroll.
Our babysitting membership is $100 per month and allows you to request an unlimited number of bookings. However, our agency can not promise fulfillment for each request. A 30-day notice of membership cancellation must be given in writing.
1. Hourly Rate. The Client shall pay the caregiver Twelve dollars ($12.00) per hour of childcare services provided by a Sandhills Sitter. This care option is best for families with unexpected care dates. Simply request these needs in our app, sitter pro.
2. Additional Children. There shall be an additional Two dollar ($2.00) per hour charge for families with 4- 5 children. For families with 6 or more childcare, two Sandhills Sitters will be required.
3. Booking Minimums. For any booking that is booked for two hours or less, a Forty Dollars ($40.00) per booking will be charged. If the Client cancels the services of a Sandhills Sitter within twenty-four- hours (24) of the Sandhills Sitter’s expected arrival the booking minimum will still apply.
4. Last-Minute Cancellations. If the client cancels in Twenty-Four (24) hours or less shall pay the caregiver Ten dollars ($10.00) per booking plus Five Dollars ($5.00) per hour of childcare services provided by a Sandhills Sitter. This care option is best for families with unexpected care dates. Simply request these needs in our app, sitter pro. If you need to cancel a booking you must email the agency. email@example.com.
5. Mothers Helper. The Client shall pay the caregiver, in sitter pro, Fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour of services provided by a Mothers Helper. For additional children, there will be an added fee. See line 2.
6. Black-Out Dates. Service is not guaranteed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving weekend, Memorial Day weekend, the weekends before and after Christmas, or the evenings of Valentine’s Day and New Year's Eve. All requests for these dates will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. The hourly rate shall be Eighteen Dollars ($18.00) per hour of childcare services plus Five Dollars ($5.00) per booking paid to the agency. For additional children, there will be an added fee. See line 2.
7. Last-Minute Care. If the Client needs childcare services with less than forty-eight (48) hours prior notice, the Client will pay an additional backup care fee of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) if SNC can match the Client with a Sandhills Sitter.
8. Sick Care. If a Client’s child should fall ill twenty-four (24) hours before care is to be rendered by a Sandhills Sitter, SRAN must be contacted. SNC defines a sick child with symptoms of a fever of over 101 degrees, vomiting, diarrhea, or any other extreme symptoms. The individual Sandhills Sitter will decide if care is to be given to the sick child. If the Sandhills Sitter chooses to care for the sick child their will be an added fee of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) per booking. If SNC is not notified of a sick child and the Sandhills Sitter shows up at a sick home, there will be a Twenty-Five Dollar ($25.00) inconvenience fee in addition to the sick child rate.
9. Transportation Reimbursement. When a Sandhills Sitter is commuting to and from your home or commuting children with their vehicle, distances driven between 1-10 miles a day are free. Transportation over 10 miles will incur a transportation reimbursement set forth on a case-by basis. The Client is required to provide the Sandhills Sitter with proper booster seats, car seats, etc. Transportation will not be provided to children of unregistered clients. The transportation fee is 58.5 cent per mile round trip minus our (10 complimentary miles).
10. Out of Town Guests. Guests who live out of SNC's current coverage area may utilize SNC’s services by booking as a non-member, in our app, sitter pro.
11. Overnight Care
The fee for overnight care varies from two hundred Twenty-Five dollars ($250) to Four Hundred dollars ($400) for a twenty-four (24) hour period. Please note overnight care has a booking fee to the agency of twenty-five dollars ($25) per day. There will be a breakdown of charges, when the services are booked, in sitter pro. For additional children, there will be an added fee. See line 2.
12. Inclement Weather. In the event of inclement weather, the individual Sandhills Sitter will decide their comfort level in driving to the Client’s home. Service cannot be guaranteed on days with inclement weather unless the Client offers to pick up and drop off the individual Sandhills Sitter.
13. Multiple Families.
If multiple families are booked under one booking request. There will be a $25 booking fee added to your booking.
14. Payment. The Client shall keep a credit card number or bank account number on file with SNC. SNC shall charge the Client’s credit card or draft from the bank account number for the time set forth on the timesheet signed by both the Client and the Sandhills Sitter. For clients choosing to pay via auto-draft from a bank account, no processing rate will apply. For clients choosing to pay by credit card, there will be a 5% processing fee upon each invoice.
15. Late Payment Fee. Clients are required to keep SNC informed of any account changes to their credit card or bank account information. Updates/ Payments that are not given to SNC within 48 hours of invoice dates are subject to a Twenty-Five dollar ($25.00) Late Fee.
16. Late Arrival Fee.
In the event that a client is more that 15 minutes late to a booking it is up to the Sandhills Sitter to add a $25 late fee. Please know some sitters are flexible in a time change while others have back to back booking that they cannot miss.
17. Overtime Pay. According to North Carolina law, a sitter can work up to 40 hours a week without receiving overtime pay. If the client utilizes the same Specialist for more hours, they should add an overtime rate to their agreement with their placement nanny.
18. Meet and Greet. Upon request, SNC can send a Sandhills Sitter to a client’s home to meet the client before a scheduled babysitting date. The Client will be billed for the time the Specialist spends at their home. The minimum hours will not apply to meet and greets. Meet and greet charges are included in part-time and full-time nanny placement fees.
19. Replacement Policy. If a caregiver has been placed with your family and can no longer fulfill the requirements of the position, SNC will make every effort to replace this candidate to the best of their ability, however, a replacement sitter is not guaranteed.
C.) Other Terms: The Client agrees not to contact any of the occasional babysitters after their initial request without booking through the Agency app to request her and get permission to do so. The Client agrees NEVER to contact an occasional babysitter referred to them by SNC, for any future employment of any kind. The client understands that they do not have to employ any of the occasional babysitters referred to them by the agency. The client understands that they need to determine that an occasional babysitter meets their criteria. The client understands and agrees that if they cancel a request after SNC, has found them a babysitter they will still be obligated to pay the agreed-upon fee to the agency.
D.) Safety: The client agrees that they as parents are responsible for going over household rules and safety hazards and precautions. Clients are advised to write down all safety concerns, go over them with the babysitter verbally before leaving the house, and leave emergency phone numbers. Clients should never leave the house if they are uncomfortable with their occasional babysitter. Clients understand that the Agency does not train baby-sitters.
E.) The parents/legal guardians who choose to book through Sandhills Rent A Nanny, LLC agree to hold Sandhills Rent A Nanny, LLC (Sandhills Nanny Co.) harmless for any harm that our child may experience while under the care of a referred caregiver. This agreement embodies the entire agreement between Sandhills Rent a Nanny, LLC, and the Client. There are no other contracts, agreements, understandings, promises, conditions, or obligations made or entered by SNC and its Client other than those contained herein. No Modifications to this Agreement shall be valid unless they are in writing and signed by both parties.
To the extent not stated herein, the Terms and Conditions shall govern our relationship for all purposes. Sandhills Nanny Co. may modify these terms at its sole discretion by posting an updated version of these terms on its website. Your continued use of the babysitting services provided hereunder shall be your assent to any new or modified terms.
Nanny Placement Information
Registration Fee For Placements.
The Client shall pay Sandhills Nanny Co. Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) upon the execution of the ChildCare Services Agreement (the “Agreement”). The Client shall be entitled to the benefits provided in the Agreement upon completion of registration documents. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Temporary Nanny PlacementTemporary placement is defined as a placement for three (3) months or less. To begin the process for temporary placement, the client shall pay a Three Hundred Dollar ($300.00) deposit which goes toward our marketing efforts. This deposit will go towards the final placement fee due once a nanny is placed. Upon successful placement of a temporary nanny, the Client shall pay SRAN the chosen level placement fee. Placement Fees cannot be combined.
For a Temporary Placement, the client shall pay Twenty - Five Hundred dollars ($2500.00). The Client will pay the full-time nanny directly for his or her services. The Client will have a 30-day guarantee on the nanny placements. If the nanny’s contract is terminated after 30 days of signing the placement fee will be due for future placements.
Part-Time Nanny Placement.
Part-Time placement is defined as placement of Twenty-Nine (29) hours or less. To begin the process for temporary placement, the client shall pay a Three Hundred Dollar ($300.00) deposit which goes toward our marketing efforts. This deposit will go towards the final placement fee due once a nanny is placed. Upon successful placement of a part-time nanny, the Client shall pay SNC the chosen level placement fee. Placement Fees cannot be combined.
For a Part-Time Placement, the client shall pay Three Thousand Dollars ($3000.00). The Client will pay the full-time nanny directly for his or her services. The Client will have a 30- day guarantee on the nanny placements. If the nanny’s contract is terminated after 30 days of signing the placement fee will be due for future placements.
Full-time Nanny Placement.
Full-time placement is defined as placement of more than thirty-five (35) hours a week. To begin the process for full-time placement, the client shall pay a Three Hundred Dollar ($300.00) deposit which goes toward our marketing efforts. This deposit will go towards the final placement fee due once a nanny is placed. Upon successful placement of a full-time nanny, the Client shall pay SNC the chosen level placement fee. Placement Fees cannot be combined.
For a Standard Placement, the client shall pay Four Thousand Dollars ($4000.00). The Client will pay the full-time full-time nanny directly for his or her services. The Client will have a 30-day guarantee on the nanny placements. If the nanny’s contract is terminated after the30 days of signing the placement fee will be due for future placements.
For an Elite Placement, the client shall pay Five Thousand Dollars ($5000.00). The Client will pay the full-time nanny directly for his or her services. The Client will have a 90 day90-day guarantee on the nanny placements. If the nanny’s contract is terminated after 90 days of signing the placement fee will be due for future placements.
For an Exclusive Placement, the client shall pay Six Thousand Dollars ($6000.00). The Client will pay the full-time nanny directly for his or her services. The Client will have a 180-day guarantee on the nanny placements. If the nanny’s contract is terminated after 180 days of signing the placement fee will be due for future placements.
If the initial Candidate leaves or is terminated Client’s employment within the replacement policy time limits outlined in the Client’s selected Placement Package (i.e. 30, 60, 180 days) from the Candidate’s first day of employment or other engagement with Client), SNC will make reasonable efforts according to applicable law for 30 days to provide additional referrals for a maximum of one replacement Candidate to Client. The client has 30 days from the date of the Candidate’s last day of employment or other engagement with the Client to invoke this Replacement Policy with SNC ChildCare. SNC ChildCare’s obligation to provide additional referrals is expressly conditioned on the Client’s satisfaction of all of its obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to the payment of all SRAN ChildCare’s fees promptly;
Determining compliance with these conditions is at the sole and absolute discretion of SNC. If Client fails to satisfy all the aforementioned conditions, SNC shall have no further obligations to Client. SNC's obligation to provide additional referrals shall not apply if the Candidate gives the Client notice of her or his intention to terminate her or his employment with the Client at the end of the period indicated in the Client’s selected Placement Package (i.e. 30, 90 or 180 days from the Candidate’s first day of employment or other engagement with Client.)
The client will pay the $300 nonrefundable deposit to start the placement search. Once the client has chosen a nanny that fits their needs the remaining package balance less the $300 deposit will be due before the nanny starts the placement.
The Client shall keep a credit card number or bank account number on file with SNC. SNC shall charge the Client’s credit card or draft from the bank account number until the final payment has been made. SNC will request payments in a timely fashion and will charge the client's bank account or credit card if the aforementioned fees are not paid when they are due. For clients choosing to pay via auto-draft from a bank account, no processing rate will apply. For clients choosing to pay by credit card, there will be a 5% processing fee upon each invoice. All services are non-refundable.
Revision of Fees and Policies Hereunder SNC may revise this Fee and Policy Schedule from time to time upon notice to the Client.
ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY SANDHILLS RENT A NANNY, LLC DBA Sandhills Nanny CO. TO YOU ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SANDHILLS NANNY CO. EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, OR THE LAW OF EQUITY AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. IN ADDITION, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SANDHILLS NANNY CO. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REGARDING THE SUITABILITY OF ANY CARE PROVIDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES AS A SITTER OR TO EMPLOY THE SERVICES OF A SITTER. In no event will Sandhills Nanny Co. be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses, or expenses arising out of or relating to any services rendered by Sandhills Nanny Co. to you or your family. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES (EXCEPT RELATED TO Sandhills Nanny Co. GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT) WILL Sandhills Nanny Co. AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES (TO BE) PROVIDED BY Sandhills Nanny Co. EXCEED THE BOOKING FEES PAID BY YOU WITHIN SIX MONTHS FROM THE TIME THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO THE (PURPORTED) LIABILITY OCCURRED.
For those who use the Garden Montessori booking please read the following!
You agree to hold Graham & Keane, LLC DBA The Garden harmless for any harm that our child may experience while under the care of Sandhills Rent-A Nanny. We are aware that The Garden & Sandhills Rent A Nanny is not affiliated in any way outside of the discounted rate offered for enrolled students. We hold Graham & Keane, LLC DBA The Garden harmless for any harm that may befall the child receiving care when Sandhills Rent A Nanny provides any services for our family. BY SIGNING BELOW, I AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL GRAHAM & KEANE, LLC DBA The Garden OR ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO ANY AGREEMENT OR USER'S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SANDHILLS RENT A NANNY, OR THE PROVISION OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM FOR PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER, OR FOR ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST USER BY ANY OTHER PARTY, EVEN IF Graham & Keane LLC DBA The Garden HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.